Modern-day view of Cedar Point in Ohio from Johnson's Island
Until 1852, Johnson's Island was called Bull's Island, after its early owner, E.W. Bull. On the night of Sept. 26, 1812, four boats loaded with provisions from the Portage River stockade, started for Camp Avery on the Huron River. From the head of Sandusky Bay, manned by 18 men, the boats stole cautiously along the south shore of the long headland. Rumors of...Indians had increased. The intention was to proceed directly to the Huron but a violent storm was encountered and the boats landed on the east side of Bull's Island. [Source]
See blog post about the first battle site in Ohio.
Twenty men held the Indians at bay in a cabin while the main body escaped by boat to Cedar Point.
Another account here; not only a good historical perspective, but a reminder that what is now known for "thrill rides and water slides" was once a War of 1812 site.