|Source - Fort Massac|
"The slender support lent by the United States to Illinois Territory may be seen by the report of United States troops present on June 6, 1812, as certified by the Adjutant General, in and around Illinois being: Fort Massac, 36; Fort Madison, 44; Vincennes and vicinity, 117; Fort Dearborn, 53."
While the munitions issued were deplorably insufficient to maintain a show of aggression, as will be seen by "the returns of the number of troops in service on the peace establishment and additional military force of 1808."
"Also stands of arms loaned to the militia, issued conformably to the law of April 23d, 1808; Illinois Territory, 216 stands of arms; 45 pistols; 216 equipments for muskets." [Source]