|Brig Adams - Source (Toronto Public Library)|
A Chapter of the History of the War of 1812 in the Northwest:...
...at the mouth of the river Rouge, had been towed up by a party under the command of Captain Kyle, of Clermont county. She had her masts and spars, but not her sails or armament, and was anchored in the river just above the foot of the street running down by Smith's Tavern.
When the Brig Adams was taken by the British it was renamed the Detroit.