|Fort In General Vicinity Of Greenville and St. Marys|
On what is known as the Wolf farm, Harrison township [Preble County, Ohio], stood one of a series of block houses built and manned by citizen soldiers in the fall of 1813.
This block house was built by a party of drafted men, belonging to a company of riflemen which formed a part of the Old Battalion under the command of Major Alexander C. Lanier. This company occupied the blockhouse during the winter of 1813-14 to protect the settlements on Miller's Fork.
It was one of a series of block houses built and manned by citizen soldiers in communication with the settlements and line of forts between Cincinnati and the Lakes. [Source]
Was it Abbott's Block House on Miller's Fork? This source recorded an incident at the Abbotts' house at that location.
"...the house of the Abbotts on Miller's fork...".
Weir Casady's (widow's) pension application indicated that he was under the command of Major Alexander Lanier, went from Preble County, and was briefly stationed at Abbott's Block House.
Note: The soldier then went to Greenville and onto St. Marys before heading to Fort Amanda.