Thursday, March 9, 2017

Jacob Graves



At the time of the correspondence noted below, soldier was living in Tippah County, Mississippi


Source - Fold3 War of 1812 Pensions

States in the year 1813 or 1814 that he was drafted in Franklin County Tennessee...

...war...Creek tribe

Jacob Graves married 2nd Elizabeth Bromly in 1842; he was previously married to Peggy Johnson, who died about 1825

Jacob died in Tippah County, Mississippi on March 9, 1876; they had previously lived in Tishomingo County, Mississippi

Note:  I have ancestors who lived in Franklin County, Tennessee who moved to southern Illinois. Nancy (Graves) Johnson, also moved from Tennessee to southern Illinois (she is my ancestor as well).  I don't believe Nancy was from Franklin County or is related to this Jacob Graves, but since I do not know who her parents were, I can't rule them out yet.





No comments: